Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's official!


It's official. We are no longer a homeschool family. Today was the first day of school for my kids at Wright Christian Academy. They were totally excited. I was excited for them, yet a little sad at the same time. I mean, really, we've been together every day for the last four years. So, I think a little sadness was permissable. I did cry after I dropped them off. Really I am excited for them. It's a great school. I know they will do great and make lots of great friends. I guess I would have felt a little better if the kids had at least acted like they were going to miss me! But oh well. We've been planning on this and getting this in our heads since March. So, we all knew it was coming. It just didn't really hit me until last night and this morning when they all got out of the van. It almost felt like their first day of kindergarten! I had Sonic drinks waiting for them when I picked them up this afternoon. They thought that was a nice treat. They were all full of stories about their classes and teachers. They loved every thing! They already even have lots of friends. Their closest friends go to our church, and now they go to school together. That's pretty cool. We're even carpooling. How crazy is that? I didn't know carpooling was even in my vocabulary. I'm still on the search for a few more school supplies. And ties. The boys have to wear ties on chapel days. They have chapel every Wednesday. Holly has to wear a skirt, but we already bought a couple. So, this weekend, I will be shopping for ties. The boys are even excited about wearing ties! It's going to be a great year!
On the way to school this morning, I was giving the Motherly First Day of School Address. Devon (the one in red) always has trouble remembering to zip his fly. No matter what. It seems like his fly is always unzipped! I even threatened to make him go without pants if I have to keep telling him to zip them! I guess that's bad parenting. Because I haven't actually had the nerve to make him do that yet. I don't want to get arrested or anything. Anyway, as we were walking out the door this morning, of course, Devon's fly is wide open! So, as he was getting out of the van, I said, "Devon, every time you leave the bathroom, make sure your fly is zipped!" That got me to thinking. I'm going to start a quote book of things said or overheard on the way to/from school this year. It will be even more fun when we carpool with the Hilton's next week. So, I will be posting random quotes from the quote book.
It's going to be a great year!

No comments: