Thursday, August 14, 2008

Girls' Night

Sean and I have had this fun weekend planned with our kids since April! Sean wanted to take the boys camping. Holly and I had a fun weekend planned of shopping, makeup and movies. We rented Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants because we were planning on seeing the sequel at the theater. We shopped and shopped but didn't find any good deals. We had manicures done. That was fun. This picture was taken at PF Chang, where we ate dinner. Holly had never eaten there. She really liked it. I had a really good time with her. We've never really done anything like that just the two of us. We did make a memory at the movies. I was stuck with the car for the weekend since Sean took the van to haul the boys and all their camping equipment. So, I drive up and find a parking space at the movies. We went to a matinee so not many cars were in the lot. We went and ate lunch and saw the movie. We were away from the car for a couple of hours. As we were leaving, the car started making a funny noise. I jump out and look at all the tires thinking one might be flat. No flat tire. I pull forward again, and the same noise happens. Holly jumps out and looks under the car. She says, "Uh, Tonya, there is a tire under the car." I was like, "WHAT?! A TIRE?!" I jump out and look under the car. Sure enough, there is a small tire under my car! I have no idea how that happened! You would think I would remember driving over a tire! Seriously! So, I lay on the ground and try to pull it out, but it's stuck. Putting the car in drive or reverse only drags the tire. The only thing that will work is to jack the car up and pull the tire out. I get the spare tire jack and decide this is a lesson for Holly. I make her lay on the ground with me and show her where to position the jack and how to turn the handle to raise the jack. As I'm showing her, I see this man walk up out of the corner of my eye. He's giving me this weird look. You know. An onlooker. This was an onlooker in awe. He says, "Everything okay? You need some help?" I say, "Oh yeah, we're good. There's just a tire stuck under my car. No problem though. Thanks!" While I'm still trying to get the car raised up high enough to get the tire out, Holly says the guy and his wife are now watching. I pull the tire out and throw it over in some grass. The guy comes back over and says, "Wow, there really was a tire!" Duh! I told you there was! So, that was our fun times. True story.

No comments: