Tuesday, August 19, 2008

5 (FIVE) V

No matter how you write it, I've been Pastor John's assistant for 5 years today. I'm surprised he hasn't let me go! I remember the day he called and asked me to come and work for him. I was actually out job hunting and missed his call because I was in an interview. I went home for lunch and checked my messages. I've been trying to figure out my job ever since! The church hadn't even had an Administrative Assistant until John hired me. I love being involved at the church in this way. I enjoy helping the people. And there are those days where I just want to bang my head on my desk!

I don't know if I could work for anyone else after working for John and Kathy. They're really great. They have done so much to help me. Not just me, but my family too! They really do care about me. I have fun with them. I've watched them through a lot of things at the church. They are genuine, loving people. They embrace everyone with the love of Christ. Working as close as I do with them, all of our quirks have come out (I think they tend to overlook mine because they never say anything! So nice!). In looking back, I can't remember any bad times at work. I've learned a lot from being around them. I really feel like we're family. We really have a special friendship. I'm really glad for that. They are amazing, and I'm glad I get to serve Christ with them. I don't want to be anywhere else.

No comments: