Tuesday, August 19, 2008

the big picture

I went home for lunch today, and on my way back to work, I saw the familiar pair of guys in matching pants, shirts and ties on bikes...talking to a guy they were passing on the sidewalk. That got me to thinking. Those Mormons might just know a thing or two. They have a plan to get their message out to people. What are fundamental Christians doing about sharing the Gospel? I know we have missionaries and various ministries. I have to admire the Mormons and the Jehovah's Witnesses (JW's). They are focused and determined. They have a plan...not only for other countries, but for right here in the Land of the Free!

It's crazy. What kind of plan do I have for sharing Christ? I get so focused and consumed with what is right before me that I fail to keep my mind on the bigger picture, that being that it's all about Christ and His Kingdom. I go about my day being so selfish. Some days I don't even leave the house. I know there should be balance and blah, blah, blah.

My cultish friends challenge me. Those Mormons and JW's are hardworkers. I want to be a hardworker for Christ. I need an open heart and open mind to see the big picture. I want to be Kingdom-minded. While everything should be covered in prayer, I've got to get up and do something about it. Lots of times we get moved and stirred in our hearts, and then what? That's it. We are just moved. We are never moved to action because we're lazy.

I'm making a plan of action. It's not about me. It's about Him. I want to be about Him and making Him known to others, the others right here around me.

No comments: