Monday, June 28, 2010

my new suede shoe


This is my new left shoe. For the week. Until Monday. Don't be jealous that I know how to rock this fine piece of footwear.
It's been crazy. I remember the day and time this goofy foot mess began. I was working with a kid at an elementary school. May 28. The day before we left for Atlanta. I felt a small sting on the side of my big toe. I scratched at it and went on. No big deal. As the morning went on, it turned into a big oozing sore. And it was painful.
Well, I had some athelete's foot going on at the time, so I just attributed the sore to that. Especially after my in-depth research on Google and WebMD. But I didn't want to go all the way off to Atlanta and have it get worse. So, I went to the grand 'ol Claremore Indian Hospital the next morning.
The woman looked over my foot. Seemed she took my word for it that it was just some bad athelete's foot. Gave me some antifungal pills. And sent me off to Atlanta. But I went on to work after that. Couldn't even get my shoe on and tied without lots of pain.
It got worse in Atlanta. Lots worse. I stayed in the hotel room because it was too painful to walk.
I went back to the Indian hospital when I got home. The same woman looked at my foot again. They tested me for diabetes, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis. This time she gave me some prednisone. Well, the prednisone is not clearing up the sores. And my bloodwork all came back good.
So, today I was sent to the podiatrist. He looked it over. Looked at the new sore that had developed since last week. Tortured me by swabbing the open, oozing sore with soap and antiseptic. And then told me he didn't know what it was. Thank you so much, Dr. Lashley. And no, the names in this story have not been changed to protect the innocent because this guy made me mad.
So, now I'm on prednisone and amoxicillin. I have specific instructions on how to care for my foot. And as noted in the picture above, I will be wearing the lovely shoe all week.
If my foot does not get better, Sean will be accompanying me back to the lovely Dr. Lashley's office. Because he said he will give me a shot in my toe. I'm not sure what he will do after the shot. I forgot to pay attention after the word "shot." He could cut it off for all I care. It's the sticking of the needle in my toe that I am much afraid of. Put me out for that shot. Wake me up for the amputation. In that order please. Well, not really. But I don't want a shot in my toe.
I don't know why I'm blogging about my toe. But it's my blog. I can do whatever I want. And besides I'm practicing my writing skills for upcoming book.

No comments: