Wednesday, July 14, 2010

now and then


This is my sister, Terri, and me. We just finished painting the dog house for my dog, Brownie. We were pretty proud of our fine craftsmanship.



This is my sister and me. Christmas photos obviously. Thanks, Mom, for not making me wear red tights!


Here we are on my wedding day. I couldn't find the picture of my sister and me on her wedding day.
I miss my sister. Her birthday is Friday. The big 30!!! We always have fun together...playing cards, watching movies, quoting movies, laughing. It didn't always use to be that way. We fought all the time growing up. We definitely had our own thing going on. I was mean to my sister. She pretty much hated me. She will probably say she still does...to torture me. She always tries to get me to believe I was adopted.
Somewhere during our college years, we started getting along and spending more time together. She is an important part of my life. We don't talk nearly enough. She gets mad when I don't return her calls. I hate missing out on her kids' lives. My brother-in-law is a riot, and I hate that they live so far away.
Best memory of my sister? One year she made me a card for my birthday. She had spent a lot of time on it. It taught me a very humbling yet valuable lesson. I was rude, horrible and mean. I didn't appreciate her card at the time. I'm pretty sure I made fun of it. But, I still have it. She made it. For me. Took time and thought to make it just for my birthday. Terri is awesome. I love her, and am so glad she's my sister.

No comments: