Sunday, July 11, 2010

call me Betty Crocker




Check it. I made this soccer ball cake. All by me onesie. Even made the delicious buttercream icing. Holla now, I ain't lyin!


Aaron had a birthday last week. He wanted an edible fruit arrangement. Um, a little pricey! So, I decided I would make one. That didn't turn out so great. He loves soccer, so I found a soccer ball cake mold and decided he was going to have to settle for the above masterpiece. It turned out pretty good. I did make some fruit kabobs though, so Aaron got the fruit he wanted.


I probably had more fun making the cake than Aaron really cared about. That's ok. I enjoyed the decorating part too! I'm thinking this could be a new hobby for me. I'm not going to be taking orders or anything.


Now that I have the mold for this cake, everyone in our family will be getting soccer ball cakes for their birthdays. Deal with it.

No comments: