Monday, July 26, 2010

The "eyes" have it!


The eye is the jewel of the body. (Henry David Thoreau)



You never know how you look through other people's eyes. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)



It is better to trust the eyes than the ears. (German proverb)



The eyes are the mirror of the soul. (Yiddish proverb)



Keep vigilant watch over your heart; that's where life starts. Don't talk out of both sides of your mouth; avoid careless banter, white lies, and gossip. Keep your eyes straight ahead; ignore all sideshow distractions. Watch your step, and the road will stretch out smooth before you. Look neither right nor left; leave evil in the dust. (Proverbs 4:23 Msg)



Your eyes are windows into your body. If you open your eyes wide in wonder and belief, your body fills up with light. If you live squinty-eyed in greed and distrust, your body is a dank cellar. If you pull the blinds on your windows, what a dark life you will have! (Matthew 6:22 Msg)

It's interesting what you can see in someone's eyes. Most of us can tell by looking at someone's eyes whether they are happy, sad, angry, or confused. But an Iridologist can see much more! According to Wikipedia, an Iridologist is "an alternative medicine technique whose proponents believe that patterns, colors, and other characteristics of the iris can be examined to determine information about a patient's systemic health."

I've been dealing with one issue specifically but have been too fearful to go to the doctor for treatment. So, my boss suggested I go see Phyllis. Phyllis. My boss tells me she looks in people's eyes and addresses any health concerns she sees. Just by looking at your eyes. I'm thinking my boss is a wacko. And I can just see him dropping me off at her house and getting locked in her basement. But I was wrong. It wasn't quite that creepy. My boss had suggested me seeing Phyllis several times. Last week I finally gave in. What could it hurt?

I just have a huge hang up about someone staring into my eyes. What will people see? Will she cast a spell on me? Will she see more than just physical issues? Will she see my hang ups? Will she wonder why I haven't waxed my eyebrows or mustache?

But I went. Phyllis looked in my eyes. Wrote down several things. Two pages front and back actually. And the crazy thing is that the health concerns she had were things I really have trouble with. How could she see all that in my eyes? And she only looked for less than 5 minutes!

She does this eye-looking in a health supply/vitamin store. She suggests certain vitamins and supplements to take to help with whatever concerns she writes down. I ended up with a couple of things she suggested. I've almost been taking them a week. And I know it's crazy, but the supplements are helping!




I found this chart online. I guess this is how Phyllis looks at the eyes to know what to write down.

My friend keeps calling her a witch doctor. I'm not sure she is an actual witch doctor. But she helped me find some natural things to take instead of some crazy medicines from the doctor.

Craziest thing I've ever done. I'm out of control I tell ya.

No comments: