Friday, June 26, 2009

what a week!

I'm not sure I've ever had a week as crazy or stressful as this one. Even the week of my wedding wasn't this crazy. Life. Hmm. Early Saturday morning, I was sleeping. I thought I heard my phone ring but was so groggy I didn't really know what the sound was. A few minutes later, Sean's phone rang. My dad was calling. I just figured he wanted to know when we were coming because we had planned to spend the day with him for Father's Day. Sean hung up and then came to see if I was awake. He had tears in his eyes as he told me that my cousin, Meghan, and her husband, Jason, had been in a car accident. I started feeling somewhat alarmed. Like I better hurry and get dressed so we can get to the hospital. Then Sean said, "Meghan didn't make it." I felt paralyzed. I was shocked. I remember saying, "Sean if you're joking with me right now, I will hurt you." But I knew he wasn't. I cried. I felt sick. I couldn't think. Where did the accident happen? When did it happen? Where is Jason? Is he okay? Did Meghan have her seatbelt on? She never wears her seatbelt. Does Bo know? Who is going to tell him? When is he coming home? No one knew what was going on. We spent the day trying to make sense of the news. I felt like I was in a fog for several days. Not even knowing what day it was.

I don't know if anyone still knows the complete story. Jason and Meghan were driving home around 3:00am Saturday morning. Jason swerved to miss a deer. He lost control of his truck and was sliding down the road sideways. The truck went off the road and went up in a tree and tipped over. Meghan was thrown from the truck and died instantly. I'm not sure how she was thrown out or how she landed. But her face must have been the first thing that made contact with the tree or the truck. The funeral was closed casket. Very very sad. That makes it harder to know that she is really gone. I kept thinking, "If I could just see her in the casket, then I would know she's really gone." I kept wondering if I could handle the sight if I chose to view her body. I decided I couldn't. Meghan's mother and brother had the casket opened to see Meghan. I asked Bo about it. He said he wished he'd never done it. I don't know how he will ever get that picture of her out of his head.

Meghan was so funny and so special and so nice. She was quiet and shy most times. But she was friendly to everyone. She loved her family. She was probably the most proud of her brother than anyone else. She talked about Bo all the time. Meghan grew up at our house. You could find her and Bo at our house every weekend and most nights of the week. We played all kinds of stuff. Meghan liked to play dolls and Barbies. As she got older she always wanted to play with makeup and fixing her hair. Meghan always made me laugh. She was so beautiful. She loved animals too. She always had a dog she was taking care of. I am going to miss her so much.

Sean was admitted to the hospital for a couple days this week. Sunday night he wasn't feeling well with a stomach ache. Nothing too major. It was a little worse Monday. Monday night it was really bad and he didn't sleep all night. He went to work Tuesday morning and then left to go to the doctor. The doctor checked him over and sent him on to St. John's ER. They ran some tests on him and finally decided to admit him. His pain wasn't getting any better. He had to have pain medication about every hour or so. They did several tests on him: CT scan, ultrasound, EDG, and EKG. They found nothing but a small ulcer on his esophagus. The doctor said that wouldn't cause the pain he was having. Wednesday night his pain started to go away. He was scheduled to have another CT scan on Thursday morning, but the doctor said he needed to wait because he had just had one the day before. They dye in the IV wouldn't work correctly. So, they released him with a RX for pain and Nexium. He goes back in two weeks for another CT scan. We'll see what they find.

I've been having a tooth problem for over a year now. I got two root canals a year ago. I never did go back and have permanent crowns put on. Now, I think my semi-permanent fillings are cracked. It is painful. Wednesday night my mouth started hurting. I could hardly eat. Yesterday morning, the whole right side of my face was hurting. I was about to ask Sean's nurse for a shot of something. It was bad. I took some Aleve and stuff and finally, after a couple of hours started feeling some relief! I've got to get back to the dentist and just have them pull these suckers! They have been nothing but pain and problems for me. Plus, I need to find time to follow-up on my tests done for kidney stones! When do I find time for this?!

I'm also still looking for a job. I thought I had this one nailed. Two interviews. The C.O.O. tells me I'm their top candidate. Then he calls me and tells me they hired someone else. What is up with that crap? Now, I'm back at square one. This is so stupid!

In other more positive news...my sister got a cute swimsuit at Name Brand Clothing for $8! How does she find these bargains?! I want one! And my sister and her kids are here for a few weeks. It's always good to have her close by. My neice and nephew are the cutest things. I love them!

Today is a new day. Here's hoping it's going to be a great one!

1 comment:

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

Tonya, I am really sorry for your loss. I know some of my cousins are like sisters to me. I can't imagine what it would be like to loose a relative.
Do you remember when Brian Webb died? He had an open casket, and it haunts me to this day!