Monday, June 1, 2009

criticism vs. wisdom

I was driving in downtown Tulsa this afternoon. I decided to drive down a street I haven't been on in a while. Unfortunately this was a bad decision. I had to wait briefly at a stoplight. As I was waiting for the light to turn green, I looked over to my left and saw two guys walking down the street. Both had only shorts and shoes on. No shirts. One was bent over rolling his pant legs up to make shorts. The waist band of his pants (no exageration) was 3/4 of the way down on his butt. He did have boxers on. His stomach overlapped the boxers and the pants. Why? I know it was 90 degrees but seriously. Why do guys wear their pants that low? To show off their printed boxers? Is it a sign of suggestion that they are easy? Are they really just trying to stay cool? Are extremely baggy pants the only ones they can afford? Can they not afford a belt? Is not cool anymore to wear a belt? Some guys wear those super baggy pants with belts!! I don't get it. At first the guy totally disgusted me with his saggy pant get-up and his buttcrack. Then I felt bad for him. Is he just trying to fit in?

No comments: