Wednesday, March 11, 2009

roxanne

Sean and I went and worked out again this morning. Crazy how we we've been consistent...two days in a row. It's always great to exercise when you have gas. Walking on the treadmill really helps with that; just works the gas right out of you. I just hope that girl beside me didn't smell anything. I mean, I didn't smell anything. I'm just saying.

My friend Jennis has inspired me to blog more.

I'm concerned about the house at the end of our street. They often have a red light on as their porch light. I wonder if a red porch light means the same thing as it used to. Does it really mean a hooker is working there? Can I just be candid for a moment? That light was on for several nights in a row. Now it hasn't been on for several nights. Maybe it's like a real business. You would think whoever is turning the red light on or off would post their hours or something. I'm just saying.

Ok. I finally got to watch American Idol last night. I've missed several weeks. I'm glad they used some Michael Jackson songs! But honestly, could just anyone sing Michael Jackson? I submit that you can not. Anyone trying to sing his music is just going to ruin it. No offense. You just can't mess with Michael Jackson. Now, I didn't get to see all of the singers. I thought Adam did the best of all that I saw. Well, that Alexis did totally rock out on "Dirty Diana." Is it just me or did most of those contestants not sing on key?

On to more serious things.

I read something interesting last night. Colossians 1:22 "Yet now he has brought you back as his friends. He has done this through his death on the cross in his own human body. As a result, he has brought you into the very presence of God, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault." I mean...I was a sinner, and Christ brought me back as a friend of His very own through His death?!? And in God's presence (because of Jesus' death) I am without fault and blameless?!? Holy moly! Ephesians 1:4 "Long ago, even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes." So, am I automatically a friend of Christ? Do I have to accept His salvation to be a friend? Can you only be blameless and without fault in his sight if you are a friend? Who is "us" in Ephesians 1:4? All people? The believers? The Ephesians? I hope God sees me that way, you know. Blameless. Without a single fault. I get tired of knowing and being reminded that I'm not blameless and have sooo many faults! It can get really discouraging knowing that I pretty much suck. It's pretty stinking cool that God doesn't see me that way! What hope and encouragement!

No comments: