Tuesday, September 30, 2008

one thing after another

It all started a couple of weeks ago...

My mom was scheduled to have shockwave therapy to break up a kidney stone. Before the procedure was started, an infection was found. She couldn't undergo the procedure with an infection, so now she will hopefully go in next week and have it done.

A few days after that, my grandpa, Kelly (dad's step dad), was admitted into the hospital. He has a lung disease and a few other complications. He began declining quickly. We went to visit him last Wednesday. He made a turn around on Thursday but has since declined and continues to get worse.

That same day my other grandpa, Jim (mom's dad), was taken to the hospital for a possible heart attack/stroke. He was taken to the VA hospital in Muskogee and then transported to Tulsa. While he was in the hospital, his house caught fire and burnt down. It's a total loss. I spent the day Thursday with my grandma at the hospital. Needless to say, my grandparents did not take the news well. They have lived in that house for 32 years. Everything they had is now gone, and they did not have insurance on the home. My grandpa was released on Saturday to go home. Today he went back to Muskogee for a follow-up and was admitted. He has some internal bleeding.

It's been a crazy time for my family, and I'm not sure when things will settle down. Hopefully...soon.

No comments: