Tuesday, September 23, 2008

new direction

Along with scrapbooking and sewing and quilting, I have decided to take up a new hobby: charcoal/chalk drawing. I've always been interested in it. I think it's finally time to try it. I've been doing some research on what type of paper and pencils and things to buy. I've found some good sources on the internet. So, hopefully soon I will be able to post some of my pieces on my blog. I think it will be really fun. It seems like you can do so much more with chalk & charcoals. You can blend colors easier. You can practice more shading techniques than strokes or actual drawing. It also seems like chalk & charcoal art is more abstract. I did see some pieces, however, that looked just like someone had taken a picture with a camera! Maybe I'll be that good someday. I'm thinking I'm heading towards the more abstract works for my art. Stay tuned for the unveiling of my first piece...

No comments: