Monday, September 8, 2008

lost and found

So, I am always careful. Extremely, I would say when it comes to my wallet. I know where it is at all times. I could lose my keys and not bat an eye. No problem to replace those. But a wallet? My life is contained in my wallet. My proof of existence is in my wallet. It's not only about my existence and stuff, but about the church credit card I carry. It's about the missionary's credit and debit card I carry. I'm responsible for their money as well as my own!

Friday night, Sean and I were at the movies. Before the movie started, we got some quarters and were playing each other on this hunting game. Sean easily beat me! I think I got like 3 shots out of a million. I kept accidentally shooting the cows instead of the deer. Anyway, the movie was starting and so the remaining quarters went in my pocket. We found our seats, but I had to make a trip to the restroom. When I got back, I took the quarters out of my pocket and put them in the zippered pocket of my wallet.

Now, I don't know if the wallet ever made it back in my purse or if I set it in the seat...or did I put it in the cardboard box holder our popcorn was in. I left the movie because I just couldn't finish watching it. Sean stayed, but in the middle of the movie, he carries my purse out with him to the restroom. He sees me in the hall and hands me my purse. I zip it up and set it next to me on the bench. We go home and my purse sits on the dining table all night. The kids and I left after lunch to go run errands. I get to the ATM and can't find my wallet! It's not in my purse. As I drive back home to get it, I feel the panic rise...I remember the night before.

Everything is gone. I went back to the theater to look around. No wallet. I asked if I could look through the trash, but it had already been compacted. I was going to go back today and they would open the compactor. Aha! The trash company made a surprise trash pick up on Saturday morning. So, the wallet is gone.

It's gone. Dang.

1 comment:

Anya said...

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this! I know it's easily one of the most frustrating things! I'll pray that you get things back in order as quickly as possible, and without too much stress.