Monday, May 30, 2011

Joplin

It's been very shocking and emotional to hear and see all that has gone in Joplin over the last week. I know it touches so many...of course, the ones that are current residents; but also, the many who have passed through town because of college.

It's been over 10 years since I lived in Joplin attending Ozark Christian College. My 5 years in that town was a very meaningful time. I made so many dear friends and had many great experiences. It's not my home, but that town is dear to me.

I've seen so many that I went to OCC with on facebook...praying, processing, sharing, serving. I wish I could go and help as well. My husband went for 2 days last week. He worked right by St. John's to search for 3 bodies. One was found.

It will take time to rebuild. Joplin may never be what it was. But it will be better and stronger. I pray that the many people directly affected by the tornado will be healed and stronger.

No comments: