Friday, May 15, 2009

red-faced

So, I have poison ivy on my face. I knew I would probably get it. I was helping Sean work in the yard Monday night. I started trimming limbs and stuff off the fence line. I'd gotten it before back there while mowing last summer. Shouldn't I know better? I checked all the leaves before working. I didn't see any that added up to three...or maybe I just miscounted? The few small spots on my legs are already drying up. The stuff on my face has spread out some and now my left eye is only half open because of the puffy swelling. I've tried to google home remedies. How come no one is sharing their home remedies??!! People, put these things on the internet so others will know what to do! And not have to go to the doctor! I'm going to have to go to Claremore to wait 3 hours just to get a shot. Unless they offer a pill. I'm ready to bargain.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hey! I just read that scrubbing dish soap on it for 25 seconds before rinsing helps. However, they said it was most effective if you start right after exposure. But I would think it wouldn't hurt to try, right? Sure beats a shot!