Thursday, May 21, 2009

break free

Tomorrow is my kids' last day of school. It has been quite a year I'll say. It's been a tough year for me emotionally, but a really good year for our whole family. Relieving the stress of home school is just what our family needed. The kids have done really well in their studies...well, we are still waiting for one particular child to prove that...and they have made lots of friends and gotten to experience so many things. Our home environment is so much more relaxed. At first, I had no idea what to do with myself. No papers to grade. No homework to nag about. No lessons to prepare. No research to do. No book shopping. No kids with me 24/7. It was hard to let that go, and I soon realized how much I missed their company. Thank goodness they still like to talk to me about what's going on at school! The first couple months of the kids being in school I had no idea what to do on my days off at home! I had time to myself! I had free time! Now I have adjusted rather well to my free time, and it ends tomorrow for the summer! Now I find myself thinking of things to keep them busy just to give myself a little personal time! I'm glad the kids will be home. They have worked hard (with the exception of one maybe) and deserve a break. I am so proud of them. Maybe I'll learn how to work hard and be motivated like them!

All three kids are really into sports now. I love that! Holly has learned so much being on a team this year. She has grown and matured so much! She is playing volleyball in the fall and has a summer workout program. I am going to do it with her. Gives her accountability. Gives me exercise. Gives us time to bond. I'm realizing more and more how much she is growing up. She'll be 18 this fall. She's growing up and faster than I realize will be moving out on her own. The boys too. Crazy how time goes so fast.

Time to go pick up my posse!

No comments: