Tuesday, December 16, 2008

it just keeps on creeping up

So, I'm feeling really sad. And old. Really old. I was doing a search on facebook and happened upon some kids with the same (rare) last name as some people I knew when I was a teenager. Turns out that those kids are the kids of the kids I knew! These kids are graduating high school and stuff. Wow. Makes me feel really old. Jenni and I used to always say we would never "be" old. Sometimes I think I operate in the mindset that I'm still college-age. When something happens I wonder who will take care of it or who will take care of me. Ha! I find myself saying things to my own kids like, "When I was your age...." Whoa! I've also caught myself thinking back to what my parents did in certain situations with me...because my kids are in the same situation! Ack! I'm feeling short of breath. My chest feels tight. Oh gosh, I think panic is setting in....I'm old!!!!!

1 comment:

Yas said...

Hey sweetie...omg you are not old. Seriously! You look amazing so keep smiling beautiful. And happy holidays!