Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I've been giving advice to my daughter lately. Pretty good advice, I'd say. The only thing is that I really need to listen to it myself. Boo.

These words came out of mouth today to her: "Sometimes you just gotta swallow your pride and accept help." Ouch.

Soon as the words left my mouth, I knew I was talking to myself. Geez. Of course, I've been knowing that for several months. I just didn't want to do it. People tell me I'm stubborn. Um. No, I'm not. Well. Maybe a little.

She had a bad day. I just pulled her in my lap...even 19 year olds need cuddled by their mommas...and held her. Kinda made me wish someone would do that for me! I've been having a bad few months. Sometimes my bad days are no one's fault. Sometimes my bad days are a result of my own neglect to change my attitude...because of choices I made the day before...and other reasons.

But I think it's time I swallowed my pride and accepted help. I'm glad my daughter taught me something today. Or maybe I just wasn't as stubborn today.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments: