Monday, January 31, 2011

reflections

Today Sean and I have been married 7 years. Sure goes by fast. And yet...I don't know how we made it this far. Ha! Because of the snow apocalypse coming, we celebrated by making a trip to Wal-Marts for candles and bottled water and such necessities. We did stop at Starbucks on the way home for a little anniversary coffee.

We ended the night by playing some Mortal Kombat on the xbox. Good times. As I was losing interest in the game (because I was losing), we heard the sleet start! Just a few minutes ago. We love the sound of rain hitting our roof. I love listening to the thunder. Just wish it wasn't ice/sleet.

And, I'm really not a fan of snow. I like snow in the mountains. Not in Tulsa. It snowed about this time last year. Sean and I went sledding with the kids last year. Maybe we'll get to again this year.

So. What have I learned in 7 years of marriage...with 3 teenagers?
1. Be thankful always
2. Be quick to forgive
3. Always fall asleep first. Because the snoring might keep you up.

I'm sure I've learned more than that. I'll have to compile a more conclusive list later. For now, I better get off here and get to bed before Sean.

No comments: