Monday, February 1, 2010

closing time

I've had lots to blog about. Trouble is I didn't have any motivation to make my fingers type. It's been a wild couple of weeks. Lots of snow and crazy weather. I've decided I don't really mind the snow. We had some quality family time while we were snowed in over the past weekend. Movies and popcorn. Card games. Staying up late. Sleeping in. Sledding with friends. Pretty fun stuff.

And the not so fun stuff. My father-in-law passed away. It's still hard to believe he is really gone. Like it's just weird to think about going to visit Sean's family, and he's not there. We all miss him very much. How does one deal with losing a parent? The person that created you. The person that gave you life. The person that taught you, trained you, raised you. Of course, Rusty is in heaven. That alone brings some comfort and peace. But it's really not enough. Because he's not here.

And the milestone stuff. Sean and I celebrated 6 years of marriage yesterday. We've made it to counting on two hands now. What a man. He loves me for me. He loves me and deals with all my junk. And he keeps on loving me. I wouldn't have chosen anyone else.

No comments: