Thursday, August 27, 2009

MAC makeup

Okay, okay. So, I decided I wanted to give this a try...making tutorials. Not that I know anything about makeup. Because I only know what works for me and my skin tone. But makeup is fun, especially MAC! I'm a dork and watch other girls' tutorial videos. I've learned a lot and found some neat tips and ideas on colors. It's kind of a little hobby, if you will, of mine. My collection is very small, but I have a lot to work with. Here is what I'm wearing today...kind of a teal/green look.

I already have foundation, concealer, powder and blush on. I also have contoured my cheekbones, but it's hard to see in this picture. I started with Painterly paint pot as a base and applied it on the lid up to the brow bone. Next, I applied Sumptious Olive eye shadow on the lid and just above the crease.


Next, I took Steamy eye shadow and applied it on the outer half of the lid and crease and blended and blended.

Then, I took Club eye shadow and applied it on the outer V of my eye working it into the crease as well...and blended and blended. I also applied Club on the outer corner of my lower lash line.

Next, I took a white eye shadow by Cover Girl and used it as highlight. Also, I used it to blend out the harsh line from the Sumptious Olive. Next, I applied a dark charcoal gray eye liner to the upper lash line and the outer corner of the water line. I used a light coat of mascara since I felt the colors were a little intense for daytime wear. I didn't want it to be overwhelming.

The finished product on both eyes!

Here are the products I used (from left to right): Sumptious Olive, Steamy, Club. And on bottom, the Painterly paint pot and Snow Blossom by Cover Girl.
This was fun to do. I've been wearing more makeup lately and having fun with different colors I don't normally wear. I tend to stick to light and subtle normally or pinks and purples. I thought I would branch out with some more earthy, but vibrant colors.
I'm also getting some practice in because my daughter and her friends want me to do their makeup for prom. I know that's not until spring, but I need to brush up on my technique! Plus, I need to come up with some more cash to add a few things to my collection!
Who knows...I've been thinking about starting up my own small business as a freelance makeup artist/technician...anyone want to let me practice on them? :)







No comments: