Tuesday, October 26, 2010

a personal vacation

One day towards the end of September, I woke up and decided I wanted to go visit my sister and her family. I gave my work about two weeks' notice that I would be gone. Set up getting a free ride with my parents who happened to be driving that way....and I went! I spent 10 days in the mountains in New Mexico, and I wish I could already go back! It was beautiful!

We went to the International Balloon Fiesta, visited a pumpkin patch, took my niece to pre-school, played and played, painted pumpkins, went hiking, picked raspberries....it was an awesome, relaxing time!


Nate, Terri and I are painting our pumpkins.

The kids and I are resting from picking raspberries.



Katie loved taking pictures with my camera!


Here I am at pre-school with Kaitlyn. (Katie is on the left)


Katie, Terri, Dad and me at the Balloon Fiesta....we were waiting for the night glow and fireworks.

Terri, Kaitlyn and me on the hayride to the pumpkin patch.


Sisters!
(and the pumpkin rolled over to the side of the picture is courtesy of my nephew, Zach)


Terri and I racing Nate on pedal carts at the pumpkin patch. Sadly, Nate won. It is hard to pedal one of those cart things in that kind of altitude. I took 3rd place.


Katie, Zach and I posed for a picture at the entrance to the pumpkin patch. And I am telling Zach we cannot roll the pumpkins off the hay and watch them bust open on the ground. Although it would have been fun.


And here I am at the balloon fiesta with this fine storm trooper...who actually talked and was bossing people around. Kind of a weird experience.


My sweetie niece, Kaitlyn
It was a fun, fun trip! I took off and left Sean and the kids at home. My first time to get away like that. It was awesome to just relax and not have to worry about anything. A time of good, good rest that I needed. Can't wait to do it again!

No comments: